Client’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
- You have the right to receive safe and high quality therapy / services
- You have a right to be shown care, consideration, respect and dignity
- You have the right to have your beliefs and cultural needs respected. You have the right to receive interpreter services if required subject to funding
- You have a right to be informed about services, therapy, options and costs in a clear and open way
- You have a right to be involved in planning and decisions regarding your therapy
- You understand that at any time you may refuse further therapy or to decline therapy in line with our cancellation policy
- If receiving your therapy on FunctionAbility premises you expect the environment to be safe and smoke free
- You expect confidentiality concerning details of your condition and therapy unless you have agreed to release of this information or unless there is a legal requirement to release this information
Clients and their relatives and friends also have a responsibility to FunctionAbility. You need to:
- Provide accurate information
- Comply with therapy as prescribed where able
- Use equipment safely – in the manner in which you have practiced with / instructed by your therapist
- Keep appointments
- Treat FunctionAbility staff with courtesy, respect and dignity
- If you are receiving your therapy at home you must provide and maintain a safe environment in which you and your therapist can work.
- Inform your therapist if you are receiving any other therapy services
- Be involved and participate in the management and decision making related to your services, where appropriate
- Pay for services promptly
- Provide feedback on the services
Your Feedback About Your Treatment
Your feedback is appreciated by FunctionAbility. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your therapy or experience an adverse event involving your treatment provider or equipment recommendations please contact our Director of Clinical Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All feedback, both positive and negative, is used by FunctionAbility to improve the services that are provided to you and to other clients.