The Social Work Consulting Group (a subsidiary of FunctionAbility since 2018) was established in 2006 by a small group of Master’s Level Social workers from Toronto’s leading hospitals and mental health settings, with the vision of providing the highest quality of care and mental health support based upon their years of collective experience and expertise.
We are proud to continue to be an award-winning accredited company starting with Rehabilitation Company of the Year (2014), Consumer Choice Award (2016), Business Achievement Award (2019) and most recently the OTLA Safety Leadership Award (2021)!
What is a day in the life of a SWCG Social Worker?
- You will provide assessment, counseling, and psychotherapy, using a variety of evidence-based therapeutic modalities (CBT, DBT, Trauma-Informed Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Internal Family Systems, EFT, etc.) to individuals (including children/adolescents), couples and families who have experienced trauma, traumatic injury, grief and loss, difficult life stressors and transitions, and who are looking for a safe, compassionate and trusting therapeutic relationship to support mental health and well-being.
- You will interface with the medical, legal, and insurance systems
- You will advocate for and help clients connect with community-based resources that would improve their psychosocial circumstances and well-being
- You will monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans
- You will provide detailed, comprehensive reports as part of the medical-legal system
- You will maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational days; training sessions, and establishing personal networks
Why Social Work Consulting Group/FunctionAbility?
- Signing Bonus (up to $2500.00)
- Relocation Bonus (if applicable)
- Unique funding for whatever nourishes your soul! – Education, mental health, wellness, pension, and more!
- Supportive Culture
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits + Employee Assistance Program
- Strong admin/clinical/IT support
- Collaborative, multidisciplinary work environment
- Diverse Caseload
- Paid Education Days
- Paid Staff Meetings
- Paid Supervision from an experienced SW Supervisor
- Exciting company events (including our wonderful annual Yoga Retreat!)
- Career Advancement Opportunities
What do you need to be successful?
- You have a Master’s Degree in Social Work with a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience
- You are a member in good standing with the College of OCSWSSW and Ontario Association of Social Workers
- You are client-centered and enjoy collaborating with a multidisciplinary team
- You have strong verbal/written communication skills and have the ability to work with different personalities
- You use good judgment and apply critical thinking when making client decisions
- You have demonstrated commitment to post-graduate professional development
- You have a valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Hospital experience is considered an asset
- Pediatric experience is considered an asset
- We are looking for Social Workers who are versed in and/or interested in developing competency in couple’s counseling
Social Work Consulting Group/FunctionAbility is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact Human Resources.
|Job Category||Full Time|