- Signing Bonus (up to $2500.00)
- Relocation Bonus (if applicable)
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits + Employee Assistance Program
- Unique funding for whatever nourishes your soul: Chicken Soup Fund! – Education, mental health, wellness, pension, and more!
- Paid education days
- Paid staff meetings
- Supportive culture
- Strong admin/clinical/IT support
- Collaborative, multidisciplinary work environment
- Diverse caseload
- Exciting company events (including our annual Yoga Retreat!)
- Career advancement opportunities
What do you need to be successful?
- Kinesiology degree or Physiotherapy Assistant/Occupational Therapy Assistant diploma from a recognized community college, or other equivalent
- Two years of relevant Rehabilitation Assistant experience
- Knowledge of the rehabilitation approach to client care and the roles of OT, PT, and SLP
- Experience with rehabilitation services (hospital, clinic, community), pool therapy, and/or personal training certifications are all assets
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. ability to work in MS Word and Outlook)
- Great interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work with different personality types
- A valid Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle
Please note you will be fully supported by Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers, and other allied health professionals.
What is a day in the life of a FA Rehabilitation Assistant?
- Perform 1:1 therapy sessions in the community (e.g.: client’s homes, work, gym, pool, community)
- Implement light fitness or personal training programs in a gym, home, community, or pool environment
- Implement OT programming, including cognitive rehabilitation programming, and supporting clients towards independent living skills in their home and community
- Support adaptive school function and community integration goals
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational days, training sessions, and establishing personal networks
Who Are We?
We are proud to continue to be an award-winning accredited company starting with Rehabilitation Company of the Year (2014), Consumer Choice Award (2016), and most recently Business Achievement Award (2019)!
FunctionAbility is one of Ontario’s leading providers of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services. We provide expert assessment and treatment services province-wide to people who suffered traumatic and acquired neurological injuries and severe orthopedic injuries. We are proud of our supportive vibrant culture and our amazing therapists who continue to provide focus and individualized care for our clients!
FunctionAbility is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact Human Resources.
|Job Category||Full Time|