Seeking Occupational Therapists In Barrie and Ottawa!
Join Ontario’s leading multidisciplinary provider of community based rehabilitation services, treating people who suffered traumatic and acquired neurological injuries, and severe orthopedic injuries.
FunctionAbility Rehabilitation Services is currently looking to hire full time Occupational Therapists to join our award winning community based rehabilitation practice providing rehabilitation services to clients in home, work and school settings. There are a number of openings for full time positions across the province.
We currently have immediate openings in Ottawa and Barrie, Ontario.
We offer competitive pay, benefits and a challenging clinical environment that allows our team members to balance work and family priorities.
Relocation incentives are available for qualified candidates.
The successful candidates will possess the following traits:
- Motivated self-starter with superior technical, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Great interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with different personality types;
A minimum of three years clinical experience;
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team; and,
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle (all therapy is provided in the community).
When part of our team, the successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Initial Home/Safety/Attendant Care Assessments.
- Facilitate discharge planning for clients from acute care/rehab settings.
- Assessment and treatment of individuals suffering from various neurological and orthopedic disorders/injuries.
- Assist clients in establishing and meeting meaningful goals within the home and community setting
- Liaise with various community partners and rehab professionals to facilitate client goals and independence.
University degree in Occupational Therapy
Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists