Now Hiring! – Occupational Therapist – Newmarket
Are you an Occupational Therapist who has the clinical skill and experience to truly make a difference in the lives of your clients?
We want to hear from you!
We currently have several openings for Occupational Therapists to join our team of highly skilled rehabilitation professionals in the Newmarket area.
At FunctionAbility, our promise is to provide the highest quality service possible to our clients, community partners and referral sources. As a result our culture and work environment is unlike any other in our industry and provides all the supports our team require to deliver on that promise.
- A Flexible case load
- Ongoing education opportunities
- Skilled clinical and peer support
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- A supportive, team environment
The successful candidates will posses the following traits:
- Motivated self starter with superior technical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical ability
- Computer skills (i.e. ability to work in MS Word and Outlook);
- Great interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with different personality types;
- A minimum of three years clinical experience;
- You work well both independently and as part of a group; and,
- Since all therapy is provided in the community setting, you need to have access to an automobile.
When part of our team, the successful candidate will undertake the following:
- Initial Home/Safety/Attendant Care Assessments.
- Facilitate discharge planning for clients from acute care/rehab settings.
- Assessment and Treatment of individuals suffering from various neurological and orthopedic disorders/injuries.
- Assist clients in establishing and meeting meaningful goals within the home and community setting
- Liaise with various community partners and rehab professionals to facilitate client goals and independence
Qualifications and Skills
- A university degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Drivers licence with access to a vehicle